COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease) is an infectious disease which is caused by a new discovered coronavirus. Covid-19 usually consists of experiencing mild to moderate respiratory problems. But, elderly people or those already suffering from medical issues like cancer, chronic respiratory problems, diabetes and cardiovascular disease can develop serious health illness in Coronavirus disease.
The correct way to slow down and prevent transmission is to know about details about Covid-19 virus like how the virus spreads and what are the causes.
Washing hands frequently or rub hands using an alcohol based sanitiser will help yourself from infection and protect others too. Also, one shouldn’t touch face without washing hands.
COVID-19 can spread from an infected person through:
- Firstly, the droplets of saliva,
- Nose discharge,
Hence, while coughing and sneezing one should close their mouth with hands or using mask will be a good practise.
There is no specific treatment or vaccines for Coronavirus infection. However, clinical trials have started to treat COVID-19. Therefore, if the clinical research leads to a successful result then WHO will update the information officially.
SYMPTOMS of COVID-19
Furthermore, infection affected to different people in many other different ways. It is a respiratory disease and infected people will experience mild to moderate symptoms. Also, no special treatment required to cure this disease and infected people recover.
According to WHO (World Health Organisation) most common symptoms found are:
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
Other symptoms include:
- Body ache and pain
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Few people experience nausea, runny nose or even diarrhoea.
Moreover, any healthy person finding mild symptoms mentioned above should be under self isolation and must contact any medical provider or should connect for testing or referral advise from COVID-19 information line.
Further, any person finding difficulty in breathing, cough or fever should seek medical attention or call doctors.
Almost 80% to 85% of people who get coronavirus will experience some mild case like about a serious regular cold. However, WHO says one among seven people will become seriously ill.
Some specific symptoms which helps in identifying:
- A new continuous cough – one will start coughing continuously and repeatedly.
- A high temperature – One can feel hot when chest or back touched.
Moreover, this is a viral pneumonia and antibiotics is of no use. Antiviral drugs are not effective against this flu and currently vaccine is not available. Therefore, recovery rate completely depends upon the immune system of the person.
Since vaccine is not yet discovered it is possible to slow the transmission rate or to prevent COVID-19 through:
- Firstly, washing hands regularly with alcohol-based hand rub or even with soap-water.
- Secondly, cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- If you are unwell stay at home.
- Avoid touching face.
- Activities which affects lungs should stop especially smoking and other related.
- Physical distancing achieved by avoiding unwanted travel or staying with large number of people.
- Finally, the distance between the person sneezing or coughing and you should atleast be 1 meter distance.
Did you find it helpful ?