What is GERD?
GERD is a disease of the stomach and food pipe. The stomach secretes acid that helps in the digestion of the food. Our food reaches the stomach through the food pipe after which it gets closed. But, in GERD acid from the stomach reverses back into the food pipe and causes discomfort. Modern medicine does not provide permanent relief from the symptoms of GERD. Homeopathic remedies for GERD are safe and offer long-lasting results. In other words, homeopathy addresses the root cause of the problem and gives permanent relief.
Important causes of GERD are:
- A large number of people suffering from GERD are obese. Thus, obesity can cause indigestion and other digestive problems.
- High calcium levels in the body can increase the production of acid that can give rise to acidity.
- A hiatus hernia weakens the muscles around the lower end of the food pipe and increases the risk of acidity and heartburn.
- Chronic cough and vomiting can also cause GERD by increasing intra-abdominal pressure.
- The symptoms of GERD may occur normally in pregnant women due to the increase of intra-abdominal pressure.
- Dieting and remaining hungry for long hours can increase the production of acid and can lead to GERD.
- Eating too much spicy fried, and fast food can also irritate the stomach lining and can cause irritation and heartburn.
- Alcohol, chocolate, and smoking can also increase the symptoms of GERD.
- Mental stress can also increase symptoms.
Symptoms of GERD
Important symptoms of GERD are:
- There is burning, pain, and pressure in the chest that become worse after eating food.
- Feeling of sour water coming up from the food pipe.
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Bad breath
- Difficulty in swallowing food and feeling of a lump in the throat
Homeopathic remedies for GERD
Homeopathy offers a gentle and safe treatment for GERD. Homeopathic medicines for GERD reduce the symptoms and treat the root cause. The best medicines are:
It is the topmost medicine. It gives immediate relief from heartburn, sour belching, and sour vomiting. This medicine is useful when a person suffers from acidity especially at night or after lying down. It relieves indigestion and gas in the stomach.
2. Iris Versicolor
It is another excellent medicine for gastric problems. It gives quick relief from sour vomiting. This medicine also relieves burning and pain in the throat that may occur due to excess acid in the food pipe. It also gives relief from pain in the stomach. It is suitable for people who suffer from headache due to acidity.
3. Nux Vomica
It is one of the best remedies for digestive problems. This medicine gives quick relief from stomach discomfort. It also provides relief from gas, pain, constipation, and nausea. This medicine is suitable for people who suffer from gastric problems after excess alcohol drinking or smoking.
4. Natrum Phos
It is another useful remedy for gastric symptoms. It relieves heartburn and difficulty in swallowing. This medicine also gives quick relief from sour belching, vomiting, and pain in the stomach. It also improves appetite.
5. Carbo Veg
It is an excellent medicine for GERD because it gives quick relief from gas and heartburn. This remedy is useful when a person suffers from gas after eating or drinking. It also gives relief from burning sensation in the throat.
In conclusion, homeopathic remedies provide safe treatment for digestive problems such as GERD. Consult a homeopathic doctor for getting the right treatment for GERD.
Did you find it helpful ?