One can easily change their life through a ketogenic diet. This diet helps us in losing weight as well as in losing fat. The unwanted fat can melt in the body through this diet.
Remaining on a ketogenic diet means you must reach and try to balance the number of proteins, carbs, macros and fats on an everyday basis. Some people find it difficult. To reach macros level one must consume a large number of fats.
Moreover, if one is initiating ketogenic diet journey then, initially it would fall short on macros.
There are many methods for fat boost, this can happen through fat bombs. Typically, these fat bombs are snack type foods which provide you fat and this will help one to catch up daily macros.
1. Almond Butter Fat Bombs:
If you love almond butter then these treats are the best option. Further, these chewy tasty fat bombs are great satisfactory for a sweet tooth.
- Almond butter – 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil (unrefined) – 1/4 cup
- Cacao powder – 2 tablespoon and
- Erythritol – 1/4 cup
- Take a medium sized bowl and mix coconut oil and almond butter.
- For 30-40 seconds keep this mixture in an oven.
- The smooth mixture obtained after mixing and then stir with cacao powder and erythritol.
- Pour this almond mixture into molds and refrigerate.
2. Deviled Egg and Avocado Fat Bombs:
You will love these fat bombs, if you are a fan of deviled eggs.
- Egg yolk (cooked) – 3 large
- Avocado with no seed – half large (100g)
- Mayonnaise – half cup (55g)
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – half tablespoon and black pepper and
- Chopped spring onions – 2 tablespoon
- Firstly, cook the eggs in a saucepan with three-quarters of the water and a pinch of salt. Salt prevents the cracking of eggs. Dip the eggs in and out of the boiling water so that it avoids cracking due to a sudden change in temperature. Moreover, 10 minutes of boiling required to get hard-boiled eggs. Only large eggs can be kept for this long time. Now place the eggs in cold water and peel off the eggshells when eggs chilled.
- Avocados cut into half, peeled and seeds are removed. Cut the boiled eggs into halves to remove the yolks and put it in a bowl. Be careful the egg whites not broken.
- Process the avocado pieces and add pepper, salt, lemon juice, mayonnaise and egg yolks. Processing continued until we get a smooth mixture. A fork used for mashing until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Also, you can enjoy this recipe with cucumber slices and spread spring onions on the top. Make deviled eggs by filling the egg whites halves. This is stored for 5 days if it is kept in an airtight container.
3. Apple Pie Fat Bombs:
It’s an easy recipe of apple pie fat bomb. Since one whole apple contains 10g net carb whereas an apple mixed with other ingredients gives 3g net carb. Hence apples can be great to save the day when pie cravings are too difficult to bear.
- Thin sliced one organic apple small in size
- Ceylon cinnamon (ground) – 1 teaspoon
- Grass-fed butter – 10 tablespoon
- Non-GMO erythritol – 4 tablespoon
- Pure maple extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla – 4 teaspoon and
- Sea salt – 2 pinches
- Collagen bar chucks
- Small saucepan placed on a medium heat flame and add butter 2 tablespoons. After bubbling add sweetener, cinnamon and apple. Cooked for 2 minutes with occasional stirring until sugar caramelize and apples soften.
- Next, add maple extract, salt, vanilla and remaining butter stir it well.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Again blend for 10 more minutes after adding collagen bar chucks.
- Pour the mixture into molds. Freeze it for 3 hours.
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs:
This fat bomb consists of chocolate chip cookie dough. This fat bomb requires no baking and can be made in an hour.
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
- Peanut butter natural – half cup
- Chia seeds – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Xylitol – 2 tablespoon and
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened) – 1/3 cup
- On a mild heat pan, melt the coconut oil.
- All the ingredients are put into a bowl and mixed well (except shredded coconut and melted coconut oil).
- Now add coconut oil (melted) and mix well. This mixture placed in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so that the time allows the coconut oil to set and soak up chia seeds.
- Spread the shredded coconut onto a plain and flat dinner tray or plate.
- Next, take some amount of the mixture and roll up into bombs and refrigerate it for 1 hour and balls must be firm.
- These firm fat bombs can be kept for a week and stored in a refrigerator.
5. Coconut Oil Fat Bombs:
Never skip this sweet refreshing coconut oil fat bombs. It’s an easy method of making with full hand ingredients.
- Coconut oil – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – half cup
- Vanilla bean powder – half teaspoon
- Pinch of sea salt.
- Essential organic peppermint oil – 1 to 2 drops and
- Natural sweetener or raw honey (optional choice) and Liquid Stevia – 5 drops
- All the ingredients processed in a food processor to get a creamy and smooth mixture.
- Secondly, freeze this mixture in a silicon tray or ice cube tray.
- After frozen bombs removed from the molds and stored in a jar or ziplock in a freezer.
6. Strawberry Fat Bombs:
Strawberry shortcake is a great dessert all the time. Never miss this tasty fat bomb which helps in losing weight. This small fat bombs consumed until you satisfy and helps in reaching the macros level. This is also known as mini bombs.
- Heavy whipping cream – five fluid ounces
- Cream cheese – 6 ounces
- Strawberry protein (powder) – 1 ounce and
- Extra virgin coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Mix the protein powder, coconut oil, cream cheese and double cream for almost 5 minutes until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Set the mixture for 1 hour in the fridge.
- After setting up the mixture, use little coconut oil to rub your hands and shape the mixture accordingly to get even sized bombs. Coconut oil prevents sticking of the mixture to your hands.
- Lastly, airtight containers are used and stored in the freezer.
7. Peppermint Keto Fat Bombs:
Dessert will have peppermint as a perfect flavor. Because of this, the fat bomb is always guaranteed to make a meal come full circle. Moreover, this recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare. But make sure not consuming too many. These fat bombs are delicious hence be conscious in eating them.
- Powdered sweetener – 1/4 teaspoons
- Second, Coconut oil – 125 g
- Peppermint essence – 1/4 teaspoons and
- Cocoa unsweetened – 2 tablespoons
- Firstly, melt the coconut oil with peppermint essence and sweetener.
- Secondly, pour the mixture into ice cube trays or silicon cases. Place the mixture in the refrigerator, a white layer is seen.
- Further, to the remaining mixture add cocoa powder mix well and pour it on the white layer which is in the refrigerator.
8. Poppy Seed and Lemon Fat Bombs:
- Softened cream cheese – 8 ounces
- Poppy seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Erythritol – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon zest – one
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons and
- Sour cream – 4 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using a hand mixer. Initially mix it on low speed, after mixing keep it on high or medium speed for alteast 3 minutes. Again use a hand mixer.
- Further, spoon the mixture into small cupcake cases or use a piping bag. Keep in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Storage is recommended in the refrigerator since it will quickly soften in warm condition
9. Raspberry Keto Fat Bombs:
This is basically a chocolate bar which is disguised as a fat bomb.
- Water – half cup
- Sugar-Free jello – pack of 9 g
- Gelatin powder – 15 g and
- Heavy cream – half cup
- Firstly, dissolve jello and gelatin in boiling water.
- Add cream and continue stirring for 1 minute. If cold cream is added and not mixed thoroughly then it starts forming a layered effect.
- Lastly, pour this mixture into molds and for 30 minutes set it in the refrigerator.
Fat is love
It is most important and necessary for one to hit all fat and macros if you want to succeed in a ketogenic diet. Because only people under the Keto diet understand the struggle to get the fat they need at times. If you find you are lacking in the diet process then fat bombs are always a good method to catch up. One must ensure never to overdo because later getting into ketogenic diet becomes harder.
Did you find it helpful ?